NEXT RECRUITMENT EARLY 2012!!
Become a Fullerton Fire Explorer!
Fullerton Fire Explorer Post 1908
If you're thinking of someday pursuing a career in the Fire Department, this program is an excellent start. Learn firefighting and rescue skills first-hand from the professional firefighters of the Fullerton Fire Department. Explorers participate in weekly training and any department or public events. After you pass basic proficiency exams, you will be able to go on actual fire and emergency calls, and assist firefighters on a limited and supervised basis. Certified Explorers will have the opportunity to participate in live fire training, vehicle extrication, and technical rescue drills. You will also experience life at the firehouse during your ride-alongs and can ride out as often as you like.
Requirements to Apply
- Must be between the ages of 15 – 21 to apply (Dismissed at 22 years of age)
- Attending High School or Graduate (Maintain 2.5 GPA)
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good physical condition
- Must live, work, or go to school in the City of Fullerton.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Station duties at the firehouse
- Respond to Emergency calls
- Fire prevention and Public education
- Recruitment is done twice a year. The recruitment orientation will be held at:
Fullerton Fire Station 1
312 E. Commonwealth Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832
View Explorer Calendar